Brian Schramke is a senior consultant in the Operational Excellence Practice of Kepner-Tregoe, Inc. (KT). His primary areas of focus are: developing organizational strategies, major project facilitation, organizational culture change, business process improvement, and operations excellence interventions in client organizations such as La-Z-Boy, Boral Construction Materials, Fujifilm Sericol, Keppel, Fluidmaster, Ingersoll Rand, General Dynamics, BrasFELS, Kennecott Utah Copper, Kaiser Permanente, and GAF Materials.
Brian’s major project experience in recent years has included:
- Consolidated the “standards management” processes (e.g., global standards for bar codes, EDI, RFID, etc.) for 96 different countries, working with teams in Denmark, Germany, Canada, Belgium, US, and UK
- Reengineered an Equipment Engineering organization with plants in Italy, China, Mexico, Poland, and US
- Reengineered a supply chain (order to cash) process across eight manufacturing facilities in Michigan, Utah, California, North Carolina, Mississippi, Ontario, Arkansas, and Nebraska
- Managed a California-based organization’s acquisition of two manufacturing facilities in UK and France
- Consulted with an organization trying to go to market via joint venture in India
- Led a facility and product rationalization effort with a manufacturer in UK and US
- Managed a project to engineer, fabricate, and construct a semi-submersible oil rig in Angra dos Reis, Brazil that had an approximately 9,000,000 man hours and $250 million budget
- Improve the safety of contractors working in a copper mine in Utah via improved planning and management of work activities
Prior to joining KT in 2000, Brian spent eight years with Resource Management Group as a senior project manager, where he directed many large-scale improvement efforts.
Brian received his bachelor of science in Business Management from the University of Phoenix and is certified in Production and Inventory Control (CPIM) by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). He is currently pursuing his International MBA in the Executive MBA program sponsored by INSEAD, IMD, and Copenhagen Business School. He resides in Altoona, Pennsylvania.